Terrebonne Parish School District has embraced a progressive 21st century mindset, ensuring with unwavering care, that every student learns and grows academically with a guaranteed and viable curriculum at every level. This growth will ultimately lead to each student graduating high school with the skills, knowledge, and preparation to be college and/or career ready.
Engage, Educate and Empower Every Student, Every Day
• Our core responsibility is to create engaging work for every student,
every day as student engagement is the key to learning.
• Every student deserves to have an effective teacher, and
every teacher deserves to have an effective leader.
• Effective instruction must meet the needs of all students,
so that every child can learn at high levels.
• Given a safe and supportive environment, all students can learn.
• Parent and community collaboration is fundamental to achieving and
• We are a great school district, and we will be greater because
of our commitment to high expectations.
1. Our 2016 – 2017 District Performance Score will grow at least 5 points
from its 2015-2016 score.
2. Students will enter Kindergarten ready to learn.
3. Students will be proficient in basic literacy skills in Grades K through 2.
4. Students will be proficient (Basic or above) on state assessments
in English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies in
Grades 3 – 8.
5. Students will be proficient (Good or Excellent) on End-of-Course Exams
in English II/III, Algebra I, Geometry, Biology, and U.S. History.
6. Students will be proficient on ACT (composite score of 18 or higher)
and/or Work Keys (composite score of Silver or higher).
7. Eighty-five percent (85%) of students will graduate on time.
8. Students will enroll in post-secondary education or graduate workforce-
ready with college credit and/or Industry Based Credentials (IBC).